St. Paul’s Center serves a vital service in our community:
- The number of homeless families continues to rise at a time when affordable housing in Rensselaer County continues to shrink.
- Most homeless families are single parent families representing hundreds of homeless children.
- There are very few family shelter beds in the county.
- Many families are placed in motels where access to services is difficult and where children may be exposed to drugs, prostitution and abuse.
For the last three years…
- Number of nights in shelter: 18,970
- St. Paul’s Center served 623 people in the shelter. 386 of the residents were homeless children under 18 years old.
- We provided more than 10,025 healthy dinners, 6,756 snacks and 6,913 breakfasts to moms and their children.
- Through our work with families transitioning out of shelter, we were able to work with mothers in avoiding 121 evictions, keeping them safe in their homes.
There are many ways to support our efforts.
St. Pauls Center’s 10th Birthday Bash for Big Kids! – Sept. 17th 1-5pm
Come join St. Paul’s Center as we celebrate 10 years of serving our most vulnerable families! Enjoy carnival and yard games, food and beverages, raffle and silent auction prices and more! Play like a kid again and make sure there’s shelter for moms and kids in need!
St. Paul’s Center is a 501(c)3 not for profit organization. It is non-sectarian and offers services to women and their children regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.