- The number of homeless families continues to rise at a time when affordable housing in Rensselaer County continues to shrink.
- Most homeless families are single parent families representing hundreds of homeless children
- There are very few family shelter beds in the county
- Many families are placed in motels where access to services is difficult and where children may be exposed to drugs, prostitution and abuse.
A snapshot of 2014…
- Number of nights in shelter: 6,754
- St. Paul’s Center served 417 people in the shelter. 275 of the residents were homeless children under 18 years old.
- We provided more than 3,651 healthy dinners, 2306 snacks and 2,475 breakfasts to moms and their children.
- Through our work with families transitioning out of shelter, we were able to work with mothers in avoiding 46 evictions, keeping them safe in their homes.
There are many ways to support our efforts.
Upcoming events include:
St. Paul’s Center is a 501(c)3 not for profit organization. It is non-sectarian and offers services to women and their children regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.